7.26.2026

Calvin Harris, Ayah Marar - Thinking About You


I was watching a clip of Calvin Harris' Tomorrowland set and he played this song. 

This song came from 18 Months, released in 2012. The sound of this record encapsulates this time of the decade. I was 14 years old when this record came out, so a lot of the music that came from this "EDM Golden Age" is nostalgic for me.

When I look back at this time of my life, I was in high school and I had a lot of independence and I was figuring what I liked, etc. This song makes you feel good and happy and I think that a lot of songs that try to achieve that feeling is difficult, for me at least. I'll probably get more into what I mean when I write about other music I've listened to in that time. 

Anyway, I love that Calvin included it for his first time playing at Tomorrowland. This song is not on his usual setlist so I think it's really special that he played it.

In a moment, I know that everything could change
And I know that my life would never be the same
But you're the only one that's making sense to me
When I close my eyes, you're the one I see
There's no other way I could ever be without you, babe